Liking and trusting the people that are going to be in your home is a huge part of the equation, but sometimes you want to know if reality will live up to the sales pitch…
So first things first – do your due diligence:
2) Are they in good standing with WCB? http://www.worksafebc.com/insurance/managing_your_account/clearance_letters/
3) Is their Renomark certification still valid? http://www.gvhba.org/renomark
4) Ask for a quick tour/site visit for one of their current projects (look for finishing details and gaps in flooring/baseboards/trimwork/drywall/etc..)
5) Ask for references and their contact information (Ask how the communication between themselves and the builder was, did they feel well informed throughout?)
Secondly, take the time to get to know their team and business:
2) Compare your notes and objectively (try to) look at how they have been with you during the sales process – remember, they want your business, so ask yourself if you see them treating you just as well if something goes wrong, or if you are unhappy with something.
This is a major decision, so never succumb to pressure tactics or underhanded offers.
Marcraft Homes is a luxury custom home builder, building and renovating quality residential homes in Metro Vancouver since 2003. Are you thinking of a major home renovation in Metro Vancouver? Call or email Erynn today and ask for the Marcraft Welcome Kit, our free information gathering tool you can use and share with the Marcraft team to help plan and organize your next home renovation project.