Anmore’s Vision for its future is that of a Village that will be a fiscally, environmentally and socially responsible community; balancing change, appropriate to the size and scale of the community, while maintaining the unique semi-‐rural character and quality of life.
As part of the updated vision for the Anmore Village, there are some key drivers that the community, current residents, council and advisors are looking to achieve and maintain:
- Consistent message to protect and enhance the semi-rural character as well as the surrounding natural setting
- Interest in protecting the existing land use and established subdivision pattern, while supporting flexibility to consider alternatives
- Recognition that many remaining developable lots may be challenging to develop due to environmental or topographic constraints
- General residential policies reduce regulatory language and focus on providing a clear framework for decision making
- Emphasis on protecting semi-rural character and the natural environment
- Respect for the established subdivision pattern (consistent with RS-1)
- Greater emphasis on clustered development patterns (consistent with RS-2 zoning) to encourage environmentally responsible development
- Comprehensive Development policies to encourage alternative development proposals for exceptionally challenged sites, or innovative proposals with an environmental, social or financial benefit
- Remove complexity of 15% cap on CD zoned developments – maintain density parameter of 1.5 lots per acre
- Clarify approach and priorities for amenity contributions related to development applications
Marcraft Homes will be playing a substantial role in developing and re-developing much of the new homes in Anmore and we are looking forward to the challenge, along with the excitement that comes along with helping shape the future of an entire community!
To view the most up to date Official Community Plan Report, please click here.
Marcraft Homes is a luxury custom home builder, building and renovating quality residential homes in Metro Vancouver since 2003. Are you thinking of a major home renovation in Metro Vancouver? Call or email Andrea today and ask for the Marcraft Welcome Kit, our free information gathering tool you can use and share with the Marcraft team to help plan and organize your next home renovation project.