Celebrate yule tide joy and everything lovely this Christmas season has to offer with our curated list to get you started...
Lights at Lafarge
When: The lights display can be viewed seven days a week from dusk until 11 p.m. until Jan. 22. FREE!
New this year, the lights will remain on until 1 a.m. on Jan. 1 for visitors to take a magical stroll through the park to ring in the New Year!
Bright Nights at Stanley Park
- What: Over three million dazzling lights decorate acres of the dark forest, reaching as high as the forest canopy for Bright Nights in Stanley Park. The attraction is also accompanied by a train ride, musics, snacks, entertainment, and even visits with Santa and his elves.
- Where: Miniature railway area at Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, November 26 to January 2, 2016
Meet Santa Clause
- What: Santa Claus will be arriving at Coquitlam Centre straight from the North Pole, moving into SantaLand on Friday, November 20th and staying until Christmas Eve. As always, children are encouraged to drop off their letters to Santa at Santa’s mailbox. Just make sure to include a return address and Santa might write back!New this year: Interact with our giant light curtain by choosing your favourite snowflake pattern!
- Where: – Coquitlam Centre Lougheed Hwy
- When: Monday - Saturday 10am - 8Pm
- Cost: Click on link here
Coquitlam Christmas Tree Lot
- What: For over 20 years Aunt Leah’s Tree Lots have been raising money to fund programs that help prevent children in foster care from becoming homeless, and young mothers from losing custody of their children. Last year they raised over $325,000 thanks to generous community members, sponsors, volunteers. This Christmas season join the tradition and help give kids a home.
- Where: Eagle Ridge United Church at 2813 Glen Drive, Coquitlam
- When: November 27 – December 22
- Hours: Monday to Thursday from 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Ice Skating at Robson Square
- What: The rink at Robson Square is operated seasonally by the provincial government when the temperatures begin to dip, running from morning into the late evening hours. Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver (Robson & Howe)
- When: December 1, 2015 until February 28, 2016; times vary
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge
- What: The suspension bridge, Treetops Adventure, Cliffwalk, the rainforest and canyon are transformed into a world of festive lights and visual enchantment. See the world’s tallest living Christmas tree (153 feet tall), experience the voice-activated light show, go on a scavenger hunt throughout the park, sing along with the holiday band, take a family photo at the Winter Pavilion, and more.
- Where: Capilano Suspension Bridge – 3735 Capilano Road, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 27 – Sunday, January 3, 2016; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Vancouver Christmas Market
- What: Back once again on Queen Elizabeth Plaza, this bustling temporary alpine village will once again boast unique eats, handcrafted goods, and lots of fun for kids young and young-at-heart alike. The Vancouver Christmas Market will run from November 21 to December 24, and will have over 50 vendors selling gift-able treats from holiday ornaments to handmade toys.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Plaza, 650 Hamilton Street
- When: November 21 to December 24, 2015, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on December 24)
The Peak of Christmas at Grouse Mountain
- What: Grouse Mountain becomes a holiday mecca during December for the Peak of Christmas, featuring Santa and his elves, live reindeer, sleigh rides, ice skating on the outdoor rink, all in the outdoor alpine beauty.
- Where: Grouse Mountain – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 27 to January 4, 2016
Shipyards Christmas Market
- What: Are you missing your favourite vendors from the Shipyards Night Market? If so, be sure to stop by the Shipyards Christmas Market which will include over 70 local artisans. With clothing, jewellery, home decor, candies, baked goods, wood products, preserves, and other unique items, you’re sure to find some great gifts for everyone on your Christmas list.
- Where: The Shipyards, North Vancouver
- When: December 18 5-10pm, December 19 & 20 11am-6pm