Marcraft Style Guide – Modern Rustic Charm
If you love the look of rustic furnishings, here are some tips on adding it to your own home:
1) add it in small amounts. An entire roomful may be too much to take in, while a few pieces allow each item to stand out and be a star. Add some bent willow chairs around an old oak table, or include a few pieces in a fireplace grouping.
2) cushions and pillows are a great way to soften chairs visually and provide an additional level of comfort. Fabric will also serve as a unifying element to tie in a rustic piece with other items already in the room.
3) Consider using rustic accent pieces such as tables, mirrors, coat trees, or other accessories in guestrooms and powder rooms. These smaller spaces can be theme-decorated in a rustic style around a few interesting items, without committing yourself to an entire houseful.
4) Rustic is great for outdoor spaces as well. Arbors, benches, trellis pieces, and chairs, look terrific surrounded by plants and gardens.
5) Kitchens, casual dining rooms, or covered patios might be just the right spot for a rustic dining table. It’s the perfect backdrop for everything from a family meal to a Fourth of July picnic. Or, picture a cozy rustic Christmas dinner table set with a simple basket of evergreens in the center.
You don’t have to live in a cabin to enjoy rustic furnishings. They’ll bring a homey ambiance, charm, and appeal to interiors in city apartments and suburban homes alike.
Marcraft Homes is a luxury custom home builder, building and renovating quality residential homes in Metro Vancouver since 2003. Are you thinking of a major home renovation in Metro Vancouver? Call or email Erynn today and ask for the Marcraft Welcome Kit, our free information gathering tool you can use and share with the Marcraft team to help plan and organize your next home renovation project.